What Is Microneedling With Radiofrequency?
As many as one in three people live with some kind of skin condition such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis. However, traditional aesthetics treatments often result in undesirable side effects and downtime for many who seek to improve associated scarring, wrinkles, and other irregularities.
A relatively new treatment minimizes this, while addressing such conditions at their source by replacing old, damaged cells with new tissue—triggering collagen and elastin production to provide stunning, smooth complexion: RF Microneedling.
Here’s a helpful explainer about this popular treatment, the technology involved, and key features, along with its many benefits for your patients and practice.
What Is Radiofrequency (RF) Microneedling?
Radiofrequency (RF) microneedling utilizes a combination of RF energy and microneedling technologies to create micro-injuries that stimulate the skin’s natural healing process—producing smoother skin and brighter complexion.
While traditional microneedling treatments have been around since 1995, RF Microneedling incorporates radiofrequency technology to maximize benefits and enhance skin rejuvenation.
How Does RF Microneedling Work?
The procedure involves making small punctures in the outer skin layer with tiny needles that apply high-intensity radiofrequency energy in a fractional pattern, and then delivering RF energy beneath the outer skin layer to heat tissue.
These micro-injuries trigger the body’s natural healing response and increase elastin, fibroblast activity, and collagen, which enhances skin elasticity and structure.
What to Expect During the RF Microneedling Treatment
In contrast to traditional aesthetics treatments, RF Microneedling delivers impressive results with little to no downtime, and without many typical side effects.
The procedure usually takes around 20 to 30 minutes, and needle depth and amount of RF energy administered can be tailored toward specific skin types and conditions.
Some might experience minor redness, tingling, or swelling, but recovery downtime typically lasts only one day.
By contrast, conventional methods such as chemical peels and dermabrasion may induce side effects including skin discoloration, infection, scarring, enlarged pores, and flu-like symptoms, and usually require two to three weeks for recovery.
RF Microneedling results last anywhere from 12 to 18 months, and tend to improve even after the six-month mark as neocollagenesis occurs.
For best results, three to five treatments are recommended spaced four to six weeks apart.
Who Can Benefit From RF Microneedling?
RF Microneedling delivers dramatic, tailored results for a wide spectrum of skin types, pigments, and conditions, including those with:
- Acne Scarring
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Stretch Marks
- Loose Skin
- Enlarged Pores
- Eye bags & Festoons
Treating Skin Conditions at Their Source
RF Microneedling is rapidly becoming one of the most sought-after skin treatments on the market due to its minimal downtime and extraordinary results.
VirtueRF is the world’s first RF Microneedling platform and maximizes these benefits with three unique handpieces, Robotic Precision Delivery (RPD), and Sub-Pulse technology.
VirtueRF’s Key Features
- Three Unique Handpieces: VirtueRF is the only device with three handpieces, providing more tailored, versatile treatments than any other microneedling device.
- SmartRF: This 36 gold-coated needle handpiece comfortably treats the face, hands, and decolleté. SmartRF and DeepRF can be controlled by hand trigger or foot pedal and set to manual or two auto-modes to cut treatment times by up to 30%.
- DeepRF: DeepRF’s 36 gold-plated needle handpiece specializes in smoothing and tightening larger body areas, with a reusable cooling plate for added patient comfort.
- ExactRF: This single-needle handpiece enables precise treatments around the mouth, eyes, jawline, periorbital area, buccal and submental regions to improve the appearance of eye bags, festoons, and other conditions.
- Robotic Precision Delivery (RPD): SmartRF and DeepRF handpieces deliver microneedles into the skin using RPD. The insertion is so exact that it creates no tearing or unnecessary trauma to the skin.
- Sub-Pulse Technology: RF energy is broken down into smaller sub-units to deliver optimal energy levels while keeping the patient comfortable.
- Cooling Plate: DeepRF’s detachable and reusable cooling plate adds comfort during treatment to deliver maximum energy to the body.
By stimulating new skin growth, VirtueRF replaces old, damaged tissue with new—addressing acne, eczema, psoriasis, and other skin conditions at their source to provide dramatic results that last.
For the above reasons and more, it’s time to consider utilizing this extraordinary technology to benefit your patients and practice.
Cartessa Aesthetics is a trusted provider of end-to-end aesthetics device fulfillment for stunning, safe results. To learn more about how to enhance your practice’s RF Microneedling offerings with VirtueRF, contact us today.